Bloodworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently I missed a few because when I took the hood off my tank this afternoon to do a PWC and acclimate a couple new cories I found several midge flies flying around. I killed at least 3.

Hopefully you got them all and no more get in to breed in the tank. Dealing with the bloodworms are one thing but the actual adult midge flies aren't fun.

In the invert forum there's a post, I think, linked to a video of a fascinating insect larval form, that is sucking a bloodworm dry.

The photography is brilliant, you can see the bloodworm's mouth parts and segments, see the juices running through the larval body very clearly, and the 'blood' leaving the bloodworm, segment by segment. A bit graphic but interesting. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit.. this is the link to the video.

In the invert forum there's a post, I think, linked to a video of a fascinating insect larval form, that is sucking a bloodworm dry.

The photography is brilliant, you can see the bloodworm's mouth parts and segments, see the juices running through the larval body very clearly, and the 'blood' leaving the bloodworm, segment by segment. A bit graphic but interesting. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit.. this is the link to the video.

That's pretty awesome! I love stuff like that! I'm kind of loving the ramshorn snails I have in my tank because their shells are almost clear and you can see their innards!

Back
Top Bottom