BN pleco questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS called me today because the woman who runs the fish department remembered I wanted a BN pleco for my 55gal. It is a semi-aggressive tank setup and I want to make sure it will be ok with the following (I am still in the middle of stocking, so this will most likely be the final set up)

8 to 10 Tiger Barbs (have 5 right now)
10 to 12 Gold long finned danios (have 5 right now)
3 blue gourami (1m:2f) (I don't have them in the tank yet)

and then the BN pleco. How many should I get, and do you think they will be harassed too much? The tigers can be a little pushy, but not too bad. I think they will settle down when I get some more.

Lol the bn will be fine. I have 1 in my 75 mbuna cichlid tank. He just shrugs them off if they pick on him.

I heard plecos can hold their own... I have heard of them housed with barbs all the time... do you have places for him to hide?? plants rocks, caves?

I have lots of plastic and real plants, as well as a few other places to hide. that shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know if they can be solitary or if they need company?

I have never had fry, but I haven't been at this long enough!

Back
Top Bottom