boesmani rainbow HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nick_schembri

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
a few months ago i bought 3 boesmani rainbows for my 75 gal community tank with angelfish. Everything seemed alright till today when I noticed that one of the rainbows was swimming round the other 2 in an agressive manner, they even locked lips. Is it normal that rainbows are agressive towards eachother or is something wrong?
thanks

Hi nick, and welcome to aquarium advice!

Rainbows are extremely territorial, and can indeed get agressive. How many angles do you have and are they adults or juvis? Are there any other fish in the tank? If so, what? Also, do you know the sexes of the rainbows?

I have 4 adult angels, 6 serpae and black widow tetras, baby bala shark, and a lake kutubu rainbow. I don't know the sexes of the rainbows although the two that fight the most might be males. The other fish don't seem to bother them though.
thanks

[center:4bec118aac]:smilecolros: Welcome to AA, nick_schembri :n00b: [/center:4bec118aac]
How is the tank set up? Are there lots of hiding places/territories?

My rainbows are always "dancing" with each other. The 1st time I saw their heads light up, I thought I was seeing things!

Back
Top Bottom