Bowfront has a crack....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
So as it says my bowfront has a crack I've dropped my water level below but will have to move my stock to my 20g planted tank..which would make 25 fish in total all being smaller than than prestilla tetras,is this even possible for a short term?

You don't have a choice but you will need to feed really light, keep a check on your nitrates, and probably do a couple WC's a week until you can get the other tank up and running.

There's the possibility the fish could be in the 20g for a month&if I had to I'd rehome some..the list be 2 prestillas,2 harliquin rasboras,5 scissortails,7 black neon tetra,5 peppered cories,2 panda cories,6 nerites,3 amannos& 2 ottos...so this would be the actual stock..the 20g has 2 well seeded ac 30's for filtration,just makes me nervous..oh&1 albino bristle nose pleco which I already planned on rehoming...

Was planning on setting up a 20g long I have&dirting it for low to medium plants..

running the filter from your bowfront along with the filter the 20 already has will help. if you add too many fish to one tank too fast it could be too much for your beneficial bacteria to handle

running the filter from your bowfront along with the filter the 20 already has will help. if you add too many fish to one tank too fast it could be too much for your beneficial bacteria to handle

Thx for the advice...ill most likely remove some of the bio-media from the filter,bag it&place it in the flow of of one of the ac 30's...this should provide the extra presence of bb needed for the bioload the tank will carry...

Why not try a Rubbermaid container? I don't know if it will work. I use them when I do large cleaning ONI my tanks.

You could do a larger container but honestly that stock list is do-able in the 20 with 2 seeded filters. Just be sure to do a 50% WC weekly and watch your parameters. On a tank that small you could easily do a 2nd WC if needed through the week.

I appreciate all the replies,the entire stock seems to be doing well&parameters remain in check.

Back
Top Bottom