Brackish care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrskater1999

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i know brackish is freshwater with salt in it. What is different besides the salt, to care for them?

There really is no difference in. Care when adding salt. I have brackish tanks and all you need to do is add more salt into the tank when. You take water out only. Do not put salt in the water if you are just replacing evaporated water. Also when adding salt to the water after cleaning the tank make sure you only put enough salt into the tank for the amount of water you take out, not the whole tank because you. Will end up adding to much salt into the tank. Also I suggest to dissolve the Walt in a little dish with tank water instead of adding the salt straight into the tank. If you have any questions just ask me. Trust me brackish water for freshwater fish will ensure that they have the electro lights that they need. Good luck

You also need to measure the salt level and keep it consistent. Buy refractometer, marine salt, a trash bin, a heater, and a powerhead for premixing the water. Many people do not premix the light-brackish water, but I'd recommend it. Definitely premix moderate to high end brackish water. When you add in new water, match it with the same salt level with the tank.

Back
Top Bottom