Breed of fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jramatized

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I have 4 fish/2 breeds I dont know what they are.. 2 are scissor tail somthings..
LOOKS: They are clear and there back fins have a tad bit of black on the corners of them

The other are red and ones orange my g/f picked them out so I cant remember that they are. they kinda look ike swoard fish, b/c of there tails, but tehn again kinda like mollys. they are only about an inch and half

anyinfo would help.. Id liek to find more out about them.. the orange and red one is putting there tails together right now and swimmin funny.. MATIN MAYBE?

Jramatized...

The first fish sounds like a Scissor-tailed Rasbora. If the second fish has a sword-like extension on its tail....then is is a swordtail.

When you say they're 'putting there tails together', do you mean that they're swimming next to each other with their tails in close proximity?? If so then it could easily be breeding.

-Joe

yes, and they was both backin into each other.. right now the smaller one, the red one is int he corner goin up and down the orange one with teh swordtail is followin her and watchin her up and down lol.. yea and your right about the scissor tail rasbora I couldnt remember what they was.. thanks, but Im still not sure the other 2 are swoardtail. the smaller one dosent have a point on its tail its mor flared out. I was thinking that they starter with a g name but tehre not guppies or gourmeia

I believe that they are swordtails. Only the males have swords though. if the two both had swords, and they are swimming in close prox. then they are competing for dominance. if not then they are mating.

I dunno, but I got them in a breeding net incase.. I was wondering, whast the difference in a platy and a swordtail and how to know the difference in them if the female swordtail has no sword? And what if its not a female and its just a younger swordtail? lol

IM lost

Back
Top Bottom