Buying Fish online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corydoras4Ever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have heard from several people and have read on several forums, that buying fish online is actually a good option.

I was wondering if any of you have experience with that? I am kinda concerned about the shipping of the fish and I am wondering how that would go.

You will pay a whole lot more for your fish, but it is a good option if you are having trouble finding something locally. It is cheaper to get your LFS to order the fish for you, so you don't have to pay shipping, but receiving fish in the mail is no problem. That is how they get all over the world, so don't worry about that.

If the fish are properly bagged and packed then shipping usually goes smoothly. I ship via USPS express mail and the fish always arrive within two days of being shipped. No losses so far.

The biggest drawback to ordering fish online are the shipping costs. It's not cost effective but I'll do it if I'm having a difficult finding something locally or if the stores are having a rough time bringing a fish order in for me.

Bryan

I always thought the USPS would not ship live creatures - though I have shipped snails that way. I am getting ready to ship some fish myself and was planning on using Fedex, but USPS would be cheaper and easier for me.

Back
Top Bottom