can anyone explain this type of behavior?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philipraposo198

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you know I rescued some fish a bit ago and one of them was a very malnourished 3 spot gourami. I believe a male, around a year old. Very thin and lethargic when I got him.

He is super docile and doesn't have no aggression towards any tank mate at all. The weird thing is this, during feeding, especially when it come to feeding algae wafers the gouramis and my ram love em. the pearls and golden ram show aggression toward eachother to scare em off from the food which is all show and harmless.

the funny thing is how just recently the 3 spot started going down to eat some of this too but no other fish tried to take him off the food at all. like they see him eating it and leave him be. the moment another pearl or ram in on it normally someone else comes along to push him or her off.

Almost like the other fish feel bad for him and let the 3 spot eat in peace.

Is this not weird?

I'd say its more likely that the fish that have been in the tank for a while have their own hierarchy of aggression sorted out and haven't adjusted to the newer addition yet for him to be placed.

Back
Top Bottom