Cardinal Tetra Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
The 5 Cardinal Tetras that I have added to my tank yesterday were schooling when I finally released them and now they aren't schooling at all. I was wondering if they are comfortable with their surroundings in that case. I know they aren't the easiest fish to keep but I'm taking every precaution to make sure they make it.

If they are not schooling they are not afraid of anything. So I would say right now their stress level is low and they are doing well.

I have cardinals in my 26G and nobody schools, lol. They must be comfortable with all the other fish, a mixture of neons, rasboras, cherry barbs, rainbows, a small CAE, and some cory cats. They all swim together as one big mess, lol.

I was told they would school so I was just a bit worried. Maybe they had enough of each other at the pet store. =)

They school when they feel threatened. No threat no school. Though they generally stay were the can all see each other.

Back
Top Bottom