catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danstroud1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi. a friend of a friend is getting rid of his aquarium and ive been asked if i want its only fish. its some type of catfish i think. could anyone confirm the species so i can confirm it is compatible with my other fish. its quite a bad pic unfortunately. thanks

Attachments

• 247256_10150274029264924_653769923_9107229_3234475_n.jpg
    247256_10150274029264924_653769923_9107229_3234475_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 109
arangarajan93 said:
You cant keep that catfish since you have cardinal tetra!

I honestly don't think that cat will harm any of you're fish. Cardinals would be tue only cause of concern but they are much to fast for most fish to catch. I'd say you should be fine getting it.

ok thanks for the info. think im going to take the risk. people told me my angel fish would eat the cardinals and that never happened. i will monitor it closely

ive just been informed by the owner that the scientific name of this species is Synodontis multipunctatus?? does this change anything?

danstroud1 said:
ive just been informed by the owner that the scientific name of this species is Synodontis multipunctatus?? does this change anything?

It's an African catfish, it should be fine.

Larger catfish is not suitable with tetras and with small fishes as it will make a food for them. But there is a chance that some catfish wont do such thing. I would recommend you to keep and watch closely. But you can give a try. I had a walking catfish, which belongs to larger catfish family. He/she ate almost all of my small fishes like guppys, platies, golden harlequin rasboras. So i have experienced in this. So then i returned my walking catfish to the lfs.

Back
Top Bottom