Center piece fish ? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well so far today, everyone is leaving the gourami alone... i am heading out to go get the other one, hopefully that does not initiate any more issues...

all 5 of the tetras are viciously chasing eachother around, the new ones chase the old ones and the old ones chase the new one. then they go to separate areas of the tank and leave each other alone ....? i dont know. just going to wait it out for now i guess

it looks like a vicious game of chase, no nipping that i have seen...

i got 2 more pearl gouramis today, they made themselves at home right away and the other fish have been leaving them alone. the new 2 have been all over the tank and just doing their thing, but the initial one is still hiding up in the top corner

rreekers said:
it looks like a vicious game of chase, no nipping that i have seen...

i got 2 more pearl gouramis today, they made themselves at home right away and the other fish have been leaving them alone. the new 2 have been all over the tank and just doing their thing, but the initial one is still hiding up in the top corner

They could be establishing a hierarchy. It should dissipate within a few days. But definitely separate them if there is violence!

I must say i loovvvee pearl gouramis. They can certainly be shy, mine took 2 weeks to settle in. Floating plants, and just lots of plants in general really helped.

Watch closely for signs of illness and be ready to qt!

Pictures please?

im kind of concerned since 2 of the 3 i have are slightly bigger than the other... 1/2 in length difference.. should this matter? will they eventually coenside with eachother more?
--- would it be bad to bring the smaller one back to petco and go to the lfs where i got the bigger 2 and get a 3rd out of the same tank?

*** biggest thing i am concerned about at this point is the sex of them.. they are not mature enough to definitively tell if they are male or female... what do you think i should do?

I have been trying SO hard to get a picture... i have only successfully taken a picture of my snail lol... i will keep trying!!

- i never thought that i would like the pearls are much as i do, but already after a few days i love them... everyone was right they do have alot of personality. i also like them because they are less active then all my live breaders

my Pearl gouramis :) they are wonderful. I had to bring the small initial one back to the lfs because it went crazy. spinning in circles at the top, then drifting downwards on its side :( so sad! I want to get a 3rd from the place I got these two but I need to figure out a way to try sex them. because I want 2 female and 1 male and right now I'm fishing in the dark about their sex

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111215_201807.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111215_201807.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 54
  • ForumRunner_20111215_201820.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111215_201820.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 64
  • ForumRunner_20111215_201840.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111215_201840.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 63
  • ForumRunner_20111215_201856.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111215_201856.jpg