Centerpiece 55g fish that is under 5 inches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you already have? Knowing your current stock will help us find a compatible centerpiece

I am getting 10 neon tetras, 10 serpae tetras, 4 dwarf puffers, and 7 cory cats

You can't do Dwarf Puffers in a community tank. Other than that you stock looks fine even tho Serpae tetras are a bit too nippy for my liking. If you keep them on your list then don't do an Angelfish as a centerpiece but you could do a Pearl, Dwarf, or Honey Gourami. A pair of Bolivian or German Blue Rams would be another good option.

You can't do Dwarf Puffers in a community tank. Other than that you stock looks fine even tho Serpae tetras are a bit too nippy for my liking. If you keep them on your list then don't do an Angelfish as a centerpiece but you could do a Pearl, Dwarf, or Honey Gourami. A pair of Bolivian or German Blue Rams would be another good option.

Why cant DPs go into a community tank? I guess i forgot to mention i was already getting pair of bolivian rams. I guess i will also get a pair of gold rams....

So here is my stock now,

10 neon tetras
10 serpae tetras
7 bronze cory cats
Pair of bolivian rams
Pair of gold rams

Is this a good stock? This is MY final edit, any changes

Don't want any gourami, i haven't had any luck with them in the past.

They are very aggressive and you'll end up with dead fish. They do best in a species tank.

If you try to keep two pairs of rams in a tank be sure to have a lot of plants and DW so each pair can claim a territory if they want. I only keep two pairs in my 220g 100% planted tank. As GBR's mature, especially males, they tend to get more aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom