Chocolate Albino Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skai

Aquarium Advice Freak
That's what my new pleco was labeled as. No L number. Just 'Chocolate Albino' which sounds more like a color morph than it's own subspecies. I know plecos can be tricky to ID so I asked the employee helping me if he had any idea the max size of this fish. When he pulled out his phone to look it up I mentally went... so no idea. Got it.

Max size shouldn't be a terrible issue as I initially wanted a pleco for my big tank anyhow. Trying to research more about chocolate albinos sort of proves my intial 'that sounds like a color variant of a real breed' thought as I've gotten so pictures of plecos the size of hands and some places say 2 inch max size. Anyone have any better info sources or info from experience that might help me get an idea what to expect from this fish? I'll post a picture but be warned... it's been hard to get the little guy in focus so it's real bad quality.

Attachments

• 20200214_075226.jpg
    20200214_075226.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 59
Well I Googled it out of curiosity and although some sites said 1.5-2" other posters had 4-8" fish so it final size is questionable

Well I Googled it out of curiosity and although some sites said 1.5-2" other posters had 4-8" fish so it final size is questionable

Yeah, that's the exact issue I've been coming across too. Lucky my big tank can handle a fish of 8" so unless it's one of those mislabeled ones that get like over a foot in length I think I'll be okay.

Back
Top Bottom