Cloudy 40 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just a hobby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Y 40 gal tank is cloudy.. Has been pretty much since I put it together 2 months ago... I do water changes weekly but every time the next day it's cloudy agian' this week it was so bad you couldn't see the back of the tank through the front.. I have 2 ATI sponge filters going with an 80gal air pump, and a filter in the back.. Ic tried water clarifier, I've prime'd, pretty much done all I can and no better

Is it cycled could be bacteria/ammonia spike

My 10g tank became cloudy after being running 2-3 months, I found that I wasn't vacuuming good enough. Once I started pushing the vac all the way into the gravel until I hit the bottom it cleared up. I know you said you vac once a week, so did I just not good enough.

BTW how big are your water changes? My 2 fish in cycling tanks got cloudy water about 2 wks into cycling & it cleared up with water changes but I was doing 50%+ 2-3 times a week because they were cycling, using only Prime.

Around 50% water changes every week or so. I've been pushing the vac down pretty far, I'm not sure if there's much more grime I could be getting out of the gravel... As of right now I have a 5 inch Senegal bichir, 2 smallish angelfish and a Cory catfish. O and I added new carbon filters. It's been clearing up a bit but still pretty cloudy... I tried adding water clarifier it didn't do anything. It's certainly no where near clear

Back
Top Bottom