Clown pleco at petsmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
My girlfriend's sister who works at petsmart texted me today saying that the petsmart she works at got some clown Plecos in today. She said there were 2-3 clowns. So I'm going to go check them out when I get home today. Has anyone else had a petsmart or petco get any Plecos besides the Common, rubber lip/bulldog, and bristle nose Plecos?

My husband got a clown pleco from Pet Land near us. This is a very, very shy pleco. The only time he is ever seen is when I take the decorations out of the tank to do a good substrate cleaning.
The clowns also need drift wood. U might want to look them up and read about them if you decide to get one. They are very pretty but as I said also very shy.

I have looked them up. Get up to 4 inches long. About a week ago I just added a huge piece of drift wood to my tank. It's actually a little too tall an keeping my too from sitting flat so I have to find a way to cut it down an inch or two without taking out of the tank. I also have a albino bristle nose in the tank. It's a 55 with tons of hiding areas so there won't be territorial issues

I've had bristle nosed and rubber lipped plecos from petsmart. Currently have a clown from there. He's happy and healthy!

I had a clown from petsmart in a 30g endler breeding tank. Never saw it. It live on a piece of driftwood and only came out at night for cucumbers I'd leave in the tank for it. Not a great algae eater.

I gave the tank away when I moved to someone interested in keeping the endler colony. I hadn't seen the pleco in months but when I took the tank apart there he was! Pain to net though!

I've heard they're better in small groups like 4-5 but nothing confirmed on that iv had one @ 6 months and have seen it maybe 3 times

I got the clown Pleco. Right now he is in my qt tank. While I was there I picked up a new glass top for one of the ones on my 55 gal and a aqueon quiet flow 20 gal filter for an extra ten gallon tank I have. The filter doesn't work and the handle piece or the glass top is broken. I hope that's not an omen for my new Pleco. :(

Back
Top Bottom