Comet poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtissimo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I may have mentioned this before, but my comets (goldfish) are nothing but pooping machines. I've never seen such thick, long, yellow massive ropes of fecal matter coming out of a fish before. :drain: Is this normal? Its often embarrassing when friends come over and theres these disgusting thick ropes of yellow crap 6 inches long. Worse is when they eat it thinking its food. They sometimes actually eat their own ****** which is even more disgusting. They don't spit it out!! The swallow the whole disgusting yellow rope of poop---Is this normal behaviour?? Sometimes I feel like I want to puke when I see this. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Logan J

Totally normal from what I have experienced.

Remember fish really dont have a brain for reasoning. Their brain functions enough to keep them alive and thats it.

Thy have no concept of what is body waste and what is food.

I've heard of man-eating fish, but not ******-eating ones!

Edited by Logan J

Curtissimo said:
I may have mentioned this before, but my comets (goldfish) are nothing but pooping machines. I've never seen such thick, long, yellow massive ropes of fecal matter coming out of a fish before. :drain: Is this normal? Its often embarrassing when friends come over and theres these disgusting thick ropes of yellow crap 6 inches long. Worse is when they eat it thinking its food. They sometimes actually eat their own ****** which is even more disgusting. They don't spit it out!! The swallow the whole disgusting yellow rope of poop---Is this normal behaviour?? Sometimes I feel like I want to puke when I see this. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Logan J

Easy mate, if it makes you that unhappy, perhaps you should just pass them on to someone who isn't so easily offended by a fish taking a dump.
Coldwater fish are generally more messier when it comes to waste excretion than tropical freshwater, it's nothing to worry about.

This most definately is normal behavior for goldfish!! My lot are c**ping machines (epecially one certain pearlscale who shall remain nameless.....) what are you feeding these guys on that causes them to pass yellow fecal matter? All my guys are feed on flake,frozen fresh food and vegetables, and i've never had that problem (except when i have to treat constipation with a fresh pea... hmmmm...green!!) Goldfish aren't fussy about what they eat, and there's still nourishment in c**p. Disgusting, but true. All in all,If you can't live with this state of affairs then i have to agree with grant r and suggest you swap your comets for tropicals. They're a lot cleaner!

I know!

I have a 5 inch long pleco that just laid a 12 inch long crap!I thought he was going turn inside out.Blech!But ya it is par for the course from my experience.My problem is overfeeding but I'm getting a handle on that.I just have to wait for my fish to empy out so to speak. 8O

I am trying to understand why there has been a thread started about fish pooping. I thought we answer this question in another thread. Why does it have to come up again? Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

right on MP.

I was about to say that just about all has been said on the subject so im gonna lock this topic before it gets to a point that non of us want it to get to.

padlock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom