common pleco help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

o.jonathan.o

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The first pic is of my common pleco last night and the 2nd is from today. Does anyone know what's wrong

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110720_122905.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_122905.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 158
  • ForumRunner_20110720_122927.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_122927.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 134
What size tank? What's the stock? What are water parameters?

Are those spots just lighter shades of green?

Could you describe what you think is wrong?
And did you just get him recently?
How big is your tank?

Its in a 10 gallon tank (ya I know, way too small. Will upgrade one day ) and there is no other fish right now and if I knew what was wrong I wouldn't be seeking help on here

I said describe what you think is wrong.....like what's the problem??? What has led you to believe something is wrong...see where I'm coming from

o.jonathan.o said:
Its in a 10 gallon tank (ya I know, way too small. Will upgrade one day ) and there is no other fish right now and if I knew what was wrong I wouldn't be seeking help on here

What are you water parameters?

And it's hard to tell if anythings wrong in the second picture, can you describe why you think there's something wrong

tarpon said:
I said describe what you think is wrong.....like what's the problem??? What has led you to believe something is wrong...see where I'm coming from

Not trying to be rude but, look at his color change???? Do you know why????

I thought thats what you were referring to.He's changing color to blend in with the light colored gravel. Don't worry about it.

That's all we asked for, he's a little lighter. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Did you recently change the gravel, or lighting?

I had to change the gravel from black to this one because the paint was coming off

How long has he been lighter? I see fish colors change all the time with mood and stress levels.

5x5 said:
How long has he been lighter? I see fish colors change all the time with mood and stress levels.

He has been lighter since I changed the gravel so about 3 days. I am testing my water levels today at lfs since I don't have test kit

Well so far that makes sense. What water conditioner should I use someone told me one that is great but I can't remember the name

My pleco was light whenever i got him and now he's dark. They are just like
Other fish... they fade a little when stressed. I wouldn't worry to
Much unless he starts showing signs that he's unhealthy.

Do u turn the lights out at night? They like the dark and it's their fav time to eat! I just love common plecos :) Also make sure u are feeding him some nice algae wafers here and there... :) btw I had a common in a ten gallon a bit ago ... He'll be fine for a
Little while if u keep him in clean water :D you probably already know all this but I thought id give ya my little bit Of advice :) make sure u have a rehoming plan for the lite guy. Hopefully u can get a bigger tank soon! That would be awesome
:)

Back
Top Bottom