Cory eggs,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. I get a couple of new panda corys most months. The struggle is real trying to rehome them. Im now onto giving them to work colleagues, and after ive filled the tanks of everyone i know my LFS will give me a couple of £s for each one i let them have.

Im not doing anything to encourage breeding or to assist eggs and fry developing, its just a moderately planted tank with hiding spots. Never had any fry develop from any other fish in there.

Ok now there all over the place, some of the older one are brown and dried up looking. Can't see any fry but I can't see too good. Not sure if they hatched or if my angels and dwarf guarmie ate them. Can the fry live off regular cichlid flake food?

Nature is a wonderful thing and although they have a small chance of survival in a community tank, it’s still probable that you will have some surviving fry.

Like Aiken drum has found, having a planted tank with lots of hiding spots gives the eggs and fry the best chance of survival without any human interference

Ok now there all over the place, some of the older one are brown and dried up looking. Can't see any fry but I can't see too good. Not sure if they hatched or if my angels and dwarf guarmie ate them. Can the fry live off regular cichlid flake food?
My cory fry must be eating something. Im not specifically feeding them anything special. If there are little bits of food and plenty of biofilm there should be something there for them to feed off. If you are wanting to raise loads of fry rather than just accepting whatever happens you will need a different approach though.

Back
Top Bottom