Cotton like substance sticking to tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Something is sticking to the inside walls of my tank. It's nothing major. It sorta looks like little strands of fibers. You can barely see them, but I can tell they are attached to the walls and see them sway in the water. Anyone know what this sounds like?? Thanks guys! There is a picture if you guys can sorta see what I'm talking about

Attachments

• image-2180860176.jpg
    image-2180860176.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 48
Looks like what I had happen in my tank. I believe it is waste from the fish, and also maybe some stuff from the filter backing up into the tank. You need to scrub it off, or wipe it off, and do a gravel vac and manually suck it all out. If it grows bigger could be Hydra.

Looks like what I had happen in my tank. I believe it is waste from the fish, and also maybe some stuff from the filter backing up into the tank. You need to scrub it off, or wipe it off, and do a gravel vac and manually suck it all out. If it grows bigger could be Hydra.

Will it be okay if I just wipe it off good and not vacuum? I don't have one.

It will re-attach to the wall. When I did mine, it started floating around like tank debris. But that might be the issue, definitely get a Lee's Gravel Vac. And use it. It's a good gravel vac and suctions hards so it gets a lot of waste. You should clean your substrate 1 a week or so to avoid this. I am now doing that.

Back
Top Bottom