cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShirshedUp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When is the best time to add a pleco to the aquarium. should i wait till the tank is established or can they be added to a stable tank earlier?

What size tank, how long has it been cycling and where in the cycle is it? Also most pleco's grow too large to be kept in smaller tanks so knowing the tank size is important.

50 gal tank. 4 weeks in solid test results. im starting to add more fish just wondering if i should wait on plecos or if i can add them now

You can probably safely add them but in a 50 gallon I personally would only add 1 and it would be one of the smaller pleco's that wouldn't outgrow the tank. Bristlenose Pleco's are great and you can get them in long fin and albino (I have a longfin albino bn pleco and it's very active during the day). Also albino bn pleco's are known for being more active during the day so you actually get to see them move. Rubberlip pleco's also will work as well as a couple other smaller ones.

Back
Top Bottom