Dechlorinating Chlorine Dioxide??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spence22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I been having trouble with bubbles in my aqaruim and have came to a conclusion that ive been ususing to much Aqueon dechlorinatior or its just not getting the job done. Today I did a boat load of research on my citys water...... Come to find out my cities tap water does not use regular chlorine, they use chlorine dioxide which they specified is different then plan chlorine. My questions are...... Will a regular dechlorinator get rid of Chlorine Dioxide?? If it will, are their specific brands that will or will any declorinator work??

Any suggestions? My city water treatment plant advised me to fill some buckets full of tap water and barely put the lid on it so that the chlorine dioxide will evaporate. My only issue with this is that I really need to do a water change tonight because I wont have time this week. Currently i have some Aqueon dechlorinator and some Tetra AquaSafe dechlor, would these work?

I believe there is no such thing as using too much dechlorinator, only less.

I am not sure, but I use Prime which always put my water in top notch conditions. It is also very cost efficient being that 5ml is good for 50 gallons.

Yeah ive heard alot of good things about prime and i was going to buy some the other day but ive been stuck in my house for severall days do to ice storms.... for now, do you think im ok to try the tetra aqua safe? i havent used it in awhile, Ive been using the Aqueon. Is ok to mix dechloniators like that?

Prime should be able to take care of chlorite, but you should email seachem about it. They're usually good at getting back to you.

Back
Top Bottom