Disappearing Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshv155

Aquarium Advice Activist
Over the last month I have had numerous fish, "disappear". 3 gourami's, 2 angel fish and a sail fin pleco (he was eaten up....so didn't disappear).

Obviously someone is eating them but I don't know who. I have a BGK that is 7-8 inches long but doesn't seen big enough to swallow these fish. They are totally gone...no pieces. I have a gold Severum that is about 6-7 inches as well. Neither of those fish show aggression to any other fish in the tank.

I have a Mango Pleco that is a total A-hole but only seems to go after other bottom dwellers .....

Any idea how to catch the culprit ? It's got to be happening at night which makes me think it's the BGK but he doesn't mess with anyone ever that I've seen....driving me crazy !

Keep a close eye on everyone.. the killer will slip and make themselves known at some point.. black ghost knife? more than likely is to honest!

Last edited:
Spend a couple bucks on some gupys and rose minos and see who goes after the easy feeder fish.

BGKs are known fish killers for those smaller than them

Predators are hunting at night, when the lights go out.
You have to make some tough decisions...get rid of the predators or get rid of the prey. Let me re-phrase, the predators are getting rid of the prey for you. Can you eat a "big mack" in one bite? I didn't think so...these fish are being devoured in several bites...not one gulp.
Sorry....
D

Predators are hunting at night, when the lights go out.
You have to make some tough decisions...get rid of the predators or get rid of the prey. Let me re-phrase, the predators are getting rid of the prey for you. Can you eat a "big mack" in one bite? I didn't think so...these fish are being devoured in several bites...not one gulp.
Sorry....
D

Ive done a double cheese in one bite if theyre soft and greasy enough, the trick is to swallow some as youre stuffing it in. Sorry im off topic!

Ive done a double cheese in one bite if theyre soft and greasy enough, the trick is to swallow some as youre stuffing it in. Sorry im off topic![/QUOTE]
Lol that's disturbing

Back
Top Bottom