Do you think this is overstocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had bettas that DID eat adult shrimp (saw it with my own eyes) so if you don't want your shrimp eaten, I wouldn't risk a betta.

Pretty much every fish in the hobby will gleefully eat shrimp. The goal is to have shrimp reproducing faster than they can be eaten. With 50 shrimp or so in a tank, this is a non issue as they will put out over a hundred babies every few weeks.

Assuming half of them are female and they breed approximately every month as well as having around 20 babies per batch is 500 ish shrimp a month. Most will die / get eaten but even if 5% of them live (which is usually an understatement assuming there is ample cover) then you're still getting a large population increase.

I started a 20g tank with 6 shrimp, a large betta, and 10 neon tetras and can no longer even try to count all the shrimp I have in the tank.

old thread ik but I kinda like this stocking and i think it might work

1 DG
6 neons
6 harlequin rasboras

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

(couldn't edit for some reason) upon reading, I think maybe 8 harlequins would be better

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom