does anyone know where i can buy this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use 250/500ml squeeze bottles with twist squirt caps. I bought them for under a dollar at any nail supply store. They also have larger 1L bottles which i use for traces.

I got a 10ml oral syringe at the drug store and attached a length of air tubing to the end so it reaches the bottom of old Flourish bottles which are 250ml.

I almost picked up some ketchup and mustard containers at the dollar store for a similar use. I was going to then use my pyrex measuring cup and add various volumes into the bottles and mark with a sharpie.

the problem with most ketchup and mustard containers is that they cant be closed, they're not clear, and they dont have measurements on the side (if you're anal like me).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plastic-Bottles...ryZ57736QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those would be perfect if they had measurements on the side. this whole time i've been using an eyedropper that holds up to 5ml and measures in 1ml increments. it's very helpful because it lets me know exaclty how much i'm putting into the tank and later on it will help me learn how much each tank actually needs. i might end up just buying those and putting my own markings :p

I would just take a syringe (you get them in different sizes) or call a local beautyshop, ask them if they got it there and if it has markings.

If you make your own markings it will always be difficult to tell the people here in the forum how much you are using in case you need to tell them.

i was thinking about making clear labels with my printer so the markings are uniformed and evenly spaced out. i found the perfect bottles locally but the only problem is that they dont come with caps; you cut the top and they're always open. i'm just gonna get the ones from ebay and try that out because even if it doesnt work, i can use them for other things.

Its said that opaque bottles are best for trace mixes because it keeps Fe from oxidizing. I use a 500mL flip top bottle with 100mL measurements on the side for easy mix calcs, then a "flavor injector" syringe with mL measurements for dosing. I prefer the syringe to an eyedropper or squeeze bottles since its easier to do exact dosing, fwiw.

Another good doser is a children's medicine dropper. I got mine at wal-mart, and it has both ML, and teaspoons.

yeah that's what i have, it works good but i'd like to make dosing even easier and faster

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom