Dwarf gourami and krib

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a female krib and a male gourami and its weird its like they've paired the male protects the territory for the female and they swim together everywhere...what's going on lol

Does anybody have a clue I want to make sure that its not a dominate thing and they start going at it

xfactor6699 said:
Does anybody have a clue I want to make sure that its not a dominate thing and they start going at it

I had a similar problem with a sawed gourami and one of my rainbows. They would swim next to eachother and rub against eachother. Then the pecking started and they fighter ALOT. But they were only establishing a pecking order and it stopped In a week. This is probably a dominance thing because two different species of fish would not pair up. Just observe for a while and see what happens.

I've had various species hang out together. I had a krib fry and a kuhli loach that were best pals. One krib fry schooled with the rummies. I have a pygmy cory that thinks he's an oto.

I love watching it and figure it's a fish integration of sorts. I've never had an issue due to it.

Back
Top Bottom