Dwarf gourami quarantined?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mishyc

Aquarium Advice Activist
How long should you wait to buy fish that have previously been quarantined in a pet shop? They have been quarantined for just over a month and just come back on sale, I was going to wait about three weeks before buying them? Bearing in mind, I don't have a separate tank to put them in at first

There can be any kind of sickness from around the lfs whether or not the QT is over and the fish is better at that time.

Also if there is stress on a fish they can become ill. That can be caused by poor water conditions or a hard time capturing the fish, or chilled water on the way home, etc.

In a nut shell you always have a chance of an ill fish.

What did the store say is the illness?

When I asked, they wouldn't tell me, they just said they will probably be back on sale in a week when they first went into quarantine, think it was about 5 weeks in total they were off sale

What kind of fish is it? In other words, would it be easily available at some other location or store which (hopefully) doesn't have sick fish?

If you can not do a QT I would be reserved about going forward on those particular fish, especially if the store would not share the pertinent informaiton.

I've spoke to someone I know and they have advised me on a reputable fish shop to go to

Good! Be objective when you look at the new fish. Clean tanks? Dead fish all around, or in the tank you want to but from? Active fish? Bright eyes, good fins?

Thank you, will do! Can't wait to get some IMG_0431.jpg

Back
Top Bottom