dwarf shrimp versus ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docbree

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the difference between ghost shrimp and dwarf shrimp? From what I understand, there are many types of dwarf shrimp including RCS and they can live peacefully with apple snails. But ghost shrimp are not recommended with apple snails. Is all of this correct? Are ghost shrimp more aggressive?

ghost shrimp are bigger than the dwarfs and some are potentially aggressive towards tankmates. There's hundreds of different glass/grass shrimp species that get labeled as ghosts, so there's no telling what you'll get, but not all of them are aggressive.

Apple snails are much bigger than this lil bugger, but this is a video of one of my ghost shrimp trying to eat a snail...I have some ghost shrimp that eat snails and some that leave them be. Like jetta said some are and some aren't aggressive.
Ghost shrimp 024.MPG - YouTube

Lol I've only seen them eat a few here and there sometimes they'll gang up on a snail sometimes they'll go one on one. If you really want to get rid of your snails, get some assassin snails! They eat snails, don't reproduce as quickly as pest snails, and are quiet pretty if ya ask me.

Back
Top Bottom