Emergancy betta relocation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up this morning to a dead and injured guppys 1 of them my favorite my betta was the culprit:( so I have to put him in his old tank any suggestions on that I suck at aqua scapeing the tank is a 5 gallon and my guppy was. Bitten at the base of the tail ( my favorite 1) will he be ok there's a little blood and he's a bit sluggish help!

There r a couple diff products that helps repair torn fins and such I would try using some of that. It also helps replace the slimecoat on the fish. I can't think of the name off hand. And ya have to b careful putting bettas in community tanks. They norm do fine but anything with the long flowing tails they will attack. I have had mine in with plattys and various tetras since august with no casualties besides a ghost shrimp or 2

aquarium salt can help keep away infection i think. that and lots of water changes

Bettas plus guppies is a bad combo. Bettas mistake guppies as other male guppies because they're so colorful and long finnage, so they will usually fight them.

For now, water changes and treat with some meds.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Bettas plus guppies is a bad combo. Bettas mistake guppies as other male guppies because they're so colorful and long finnage, so they will usually fight them.

Not always. I have my male betta in my ten gallon with mostly guppies.

Do you have a quarantine tank? For one guppy you could use a bucket that is at least 5 gallons. Anything that size would work.
If you do have anything you can use as a quarantine tank, I suggest using an extra filter or sponge filter on it. But if you don't you have to buy one, and transfer some bio media over.

The injured guppy passed away but there were definitely bite marks but he is back in his old 5g just waiting for my heater and filter for future reference I live in south Africa

Back
Top Bottom