Endlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey can anyone tell me about endlers? And can they breed with guppies?

Endlers are quite rare. Never mix them with guppies! Because of being rare mixing and breeding them with guppies will ruin the pure strain of endlers. DO NOT mix them with guppies! They are smaller than normal guppies.

I wasn't going to mix the breed and I wouldn't want to ruin the strain but I saw guppy and endler mixes in some pet stores and I was curious.

Yeah, I was going to buy some from this pet shop but I didn't because he then lost ALL his stock from a disease .... :( they are quite cute though! :D

Endlers are also known as dwarf guppies. As stated above, do not cross them with common guppies. I did that once by accident and the result was a dull fish. Other than that, they are easy to care for.

Actually the result of mixing endlers and guppies can be some really colorful strains, not to mention there are some popular ones out there that are the result of these hybridizations (tiger endler for example).

If you are keeping a pure strain of black bars you wouldn't want to mix them because of the interbreeding, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. Endlers are found in feeder tanks and guppy tanks all the time.

Jeta, how many tanks do you have? Really off topic I was looking at your profile and it says garage and house full so I'm just curious? Lol

Cool thanks guys and squirrels for all your help

Back
Top Bottom