Favourite fish to watch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betta's are good. Mine used to flare up a lot at other fish, then when he was bullied by Silver Dollars he calmed down.

He's like the tanks sentry guard, always patrolling the perimeter.

I would have to say my female German blue ram. Whenever she sees me walk into the room she comes to the front of the tank. Shimmys, and turns bright bluish purple.

When I vacuum the tank she is also right there helping!! Following the vac and sucking up particles that I stir up, S. American cichlids rule.

My favorite are deffinately my 2 oscars they are very active and i love watching them go crazy when there is any type of food or if you put a ping pong ball on the tank they will hit it its funny

I'm caught between my GBRs and the managuense (jaguar) cichlid I used to have years ago.

The interaction between the GBRs is really fun but that jag had a heck of a personality.

The Chameleon fish (Badis Badis) pair that I have in my 10gal community are definitely my favorite. The male can change colors so rapidly from drab tan to striped to dark black with bright turquoise fins, he's spectacular. They both flit about the front of the tank when I'm around, always begging for food. The female doesn't have quite as brilliant colors as the male, but they are both really awesome fish. Kind of like a cross between a cichlid and a gourami. :D

my betta used to be hilarious. my mother bought me a hideous leopard print snuggie that i love to wear hahahaha and he would flare up at it and try to lunge at it. sadly, he developed a nasty tumor and is now in the big fish tank in the sky. I also love my african dwark frogs. they are such jerks to the other fish!!! they hover over the algae wafers and nip at a fish if they come near. very amusing.

mine is a Oscar they get big and need to have at the minimum of 55gal but the other one is black ghost knife they are very sweet fish hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom