Feeding ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed mine 6 days a week from and leave them one day to let them clean the tank before do my wc what sort of fish u have

I have been feeding mine twice a day but I thinks it's too much so I've reduced it to once every evening. At the moment I have 1 guppy, 1 adult platy, 2 three month old platy fry and about 12 one month old platy fry. I'm getting the 12 platy fry re-homed tomorrow. I never intended to breed my platys, I think one was pregnant that I got from the LFS!

Idk, I wish I knew. But, I actually see them graze all day on Rapashy omnivore food, which took away most of my worries. It's good in tank 24hrs. I leave in 12 hr and if anything left remove it with turkey baster. B/c I got 1 dumb fish, I still give small amount Thera micro pellets or quality flake food. (stomach is size of their eyes)
http://youtu.be/IXmZ4kWb3X4

You can feed four to five times per day in small amounts.... ensure you feed just enough for your.fish to clear up in a couple of minutes each time. Little and often is the key and far more.natural than once per day.... just think about a natural scenario where the fish swim around finding small morsels now and then. Occasionally they may happen upon a large feast, but for the most time they have to search.

Fasting for one day per week can encourage the fish to use up natural body fats and help prevent possible health problems, but is not essential.

I feed mine every other day. Everyone has their own routines and opinions but I find this works best for me. Fish can easily go days without food. I, like MonkeyMonk am a fan of Repashy Gel Food. It lets them graze continuously , like they would in the wild.

I feed mine every other day. Everyone has their own routines and opinions but I find this works best for me. Fish can easily go days without food. I, like MonkeyMonk am a fan of Repashy Gel Food. It lets them graze continuously , like they would in the wild.

Hi, I'm really interested in this repashy gel food. Where can I get some from?

Got it, thanks. Just watched videos on YouTube about repashy fish food. It was really interesting. Am I right saying that after I have made the food up, one small cube would be enough to let my fish graze all day? So one cube a day or every other day depending on how much you feed your fish?
Well obviously it depends on the size and amount of fish you have. I put two sugar size cubes in, one each end of the tank. You will soon learn the amount to feed. It's trial and error really.....

Back
Top Bottom