feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoodla dollas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just got some new fish but they are hiding out on the bottom of my 55 gal tank. they wont come up for feeding. is there sinking food for cichlids or is there some other way to feed them. i tried a live feeding to bring the fush to the surface but that didnt work either. im gonna do some more reading but any help would be great.thanks

I feed my baby altos a cichlid crumble. I believe it's by Tetra. I've never had a problem with this food sinking to the bottom. That's were they eat it. I also feed my s. badis frozen/thawed brine. That sinks as well. HTH

What species of fish are they? What are the water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, temp)? Is the tank cycled? What other fish are in there if any? Did you just get them today?

It's quite normal for fish to be a little scared for the first few days. I would follow the advice of others and get the slow sinking food. I feed the chiclids where I work TetraChiclid slow sinking granules. They eat em up!

Good luck, but be patient 8)

Back
Top Bottom