Feeding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently recieved 7 Elassoma zonatum the pygmy banded sunfish F0. I dont know what to feed them. I could go for baby brine but they will have to wait till wednesday before they can eat. I am not sure how important it is for them to eat immediately, these are small fish... less than an inch who have been brought out of hibernation early. The males look kinda thin. Females look ok. I have triops (newly hatched) now, but they appear to be predators and i would probably have to kill these before I fed them to the fish. I dont know if a wild caught fish would eat something dead or not moving. Otherwise they cant get anything to eat before Wednesday. Please help I have no idea what to do and even the gambusia w/ them wont eat flake.

Hiya bob and welcome to Aquariumadvice.

Try some frozen baby brine shrimp, and drop it into the outtake stream of water from the filter. I found my angelfish fry went after it cause it "looks" alive since its moving.

thanks it seems to work. At least there are fewer shrimp than when I added them and the fish look better.

Back
Top Bottom