Fiddler Crab Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kookie Snatcha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering what some good tank mates for my fiddler crab would be, I know Fiddlers need land, and are brackish. BTW the crab will be going into a 125 gallon aquarium, but I am still unsure on what salinity.

Mollies, archers, scats, monos, knight goby, crazy fish (butis butis), bumblebee goby, red/orange/green chromide cichlids (only brackish water cichlids), green spot puffer, figure 8 puffer, Indian or african mudskipper, that's all I can think of right now, although puffers would probably kill the crab

I don't recommend green spotted puffers, scats, and monos because they are better suited for high-end brackish water or saltwater. Fiddlers are better suited in light-brackish water.

Knight goby, bumblebee goby, mollies, and other small fish are the best water-based tankmate IMO. Also figure 8s are not recommended for the same reason stated above. Fiddlers are territorial, so you may end up with problems with the territorial knight and bumblebees. Mollies are a good candidate.

I was just throwing out brackish water fish, not exactly compatible one lol but I think chromide cichlids would do well in a tank like this, or archers, or both

Back
Top Bottom