Filter A or B?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently got a 15 gallon tall. I have an Aquaclear 20 filter off to the side, and I am using the aqueon filter (modified for sponges) in the tank. My question is whether I should leave the aqueon, or put in the ac.

I prefer aqua clear, aqueon are crappy loud filters. Aquaclear has way better filtration than aqueon. Trust me use aqua clear.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1 on the ac. I havent had one aqueon product that i liked other than a glass tank. If your were looking into a new filter i think the fluval c series are pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have been using Aqueon HOB filters for about 4 years. I think they work fine, and I haven't had a bad experience with them being noisy when using the little filter cover/lid part. They work really well with sand substrate, I always use two filter pad cartridges with them as well.

I also have a handful of AC as well, I think they work well, but sometimes they get a little sticky and won't go back on again after a power outage or maintenance.and that can be dangerous if in a power outage or brown out it doesn't come back on without adding water or removal and/or re-plugging in once or a few times.

If you have a heavily stocked tank use the one which would do the most GPH, gallons per hour.

Back
Top Bottom