Filter intake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have two filters on my tank one is a Fluval 303 canister the other is a Aqua Clear HOB. My question is... where is the ideal place to set the intake tubes for these... the bottom..middle or top of the tank. Logic tells me bottom but I'd like to hear from the experts!

Put at least one down close to the bottom of the tank. Waste sinks and is more likely to get collected there. I run one filter intake right close to the bottom, and a second on I place halfway up the tank next to the heater, so it collects the warmed water and spread it around the tank.

i run 2 whisper30/60 and have 1 intake at bottom and 1 halfway down...with 1 filter i keep intake at bottom

grimlock3000 said:
I run one filter intake right close to the bottom, and a second on I place halfway up the tank next to the heater, so it collects the warmed water and spread it around the tank.[OK that how I have the two filter set up now..so i keep them that way

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom