Finally Cycled!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlerob904

Aquarium Advice Regular
After 6 long months of spending money, manual labor (refinishing the base), and patiently waiting. My 75g is finally cycled and ready for fish! I did a water change last night and added conditioner to allow everything to run overnight. I will check the levels when I get home and I expect it to finally be ready. Now I just need help figuring out what to buy! I went to the pet store a few weeks ago and there were a few fish that caught my eye:

Plecos - I was figuring I would get a pair of these probably medium large in size.

Bumblebee Cichlids - I think these are pretty sweet looking fish. I think it would be cool to setup a semi-agressive cichlid community around these fish. The seller also had several other african cichlid species, I unfortunately don't remember most of them.

Any thoughts on how I should get started? Numbers to add, or other fish to add with?

i tend to stock from the top down. any clue what kind of plecos? common plecos get to be 2 feet.

I don't remember off hand what type they were, i might have to use my cell phone in the pet store to look them up.

Well I ended up going with 2 bumblebee cichlids, 2 green terror cichlids and 2 red devil cichlids, all about the same size. So far they have been pretty peaceful and it's been a joy watching them in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom