Fire eel personality issue ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin144

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I have had my fire eel for allittle over 2 months now and he has been eating good but here for the last two weeks he Hasant left his hiding place at all , I have had to feed him in there and I will see him grab bites of food still but why is he so shy ???? He is about 7-9 inches and before this he was never very active but atleast every now and then I would see him swim somewhere else ? But now he just hides . I haven't messed with him but is there anything I can do to get him more friendly and active ? I see all these videos on YouTube with people's eels being active so what's the trick ? Would a buddy of the same species help ?

He may be stressed or something but that may not be the issue. Usually the eels you see on YouTube doing all those cool things have been with those guys for many moons. I don't think anything serious is wrong just him getting used to everything. I'd give him some more time

Ok , he eats good but I have to take the Baster to him were ever he is . I didn't know if there were any fish that would help him feel more comfortable

Back
Top Bottom