First fish death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqariumclements

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I returned from work tonight to see that one of my dwarf neon rainbows had died and was stuck to the filter (I'm sure this happened after he'd died) I've checked all the water parameters and they are all fine? He's only a couple of months old I think so it's not age, the only thing I can think of is there wer two males and one female but they never used to chase each other I will upload a picture has anyone any ideas I'm gutted!!

No clue, I'm sorry though :( When I lost my first fish I cried and cried, I felt so terrible.

Aww, sorry man. I've only lost a couple fish, but it really sucks. Hope you feel better! And do you have any oxygen flow in you tank? Maybe it suffocated. That's how I lost one of mine:(

Sometimes they just die for no reason. Could have everything perfect and still end up with a dead fish.

Hey guys thanks for the replies I've had a look this morning and all my other fish seem fine and came speeding to the front of the tank for food, I have a fluval internal which blows bubbles into the tank so I don't think it will be suffocation it was probrably just his time :/

Hey guys thanks for the replies I've had a look this morning and all my other fish seem fine and came speeding to the front of the tank for food, I have a fluval internal which blows bubbles into the tank so I don't think it will be suffocation it was probrably just his time :/

Yeah :-( sorry for you loss. I'm not sure how long these fish can live. Most of the smaller variety only seem to go a few years.

There are way more factors that can lead to fish death besides high ammonia, nitrite and/or nitrate levels. So don't be too surprised or confused if you lose one and your water parameters are normal.

Sometimes they just die for no reason. Could have everything perfect and still end up with a dead fish.

I agree, sometimes they just die. I very rarely lose fish once they've been in my tank for at least two weeks. Those first couple weeks is hit or miss depending on where they came from. I always QT new acquisitions and medicate them with a mild antiparasitic before moving them to the main tank and keep the QT at about 82 to kill ich.

If I do lose one randomly maybe once or twice a year I don't get too worked up about it. I assume its a natural thing, maybe some sort of underlying genetic thing. I only get concerned if there are multiple deaths.

Back
Top Bottom