fish fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gingerfizz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
Your advice appreciated please. I have 2 platys & one seems to be picking on the other, quite consistently. They are females, & about 3 wks ago I ungraded from a 12 ltr to 24 ltr tank. It has been since the changeover that it started. She chases the other one & buts it. I bought a new ornament tunnel & the feisty one won't let other go near it & chases her off.

In between the fighting episodes they seem OK. I have just set up my old tank to separate the feisty one for a while & was thinking of getting another Platy to divert the feisty ones attention & hopefully relieve the stress for the other.

What do you think?

I have gone through bouts where one or the other of my female platies has been the bully. I don't think it's unusual. Depends on their personality and who's currently top dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had the same thing with swordtails. My ratio is 1 male , 4 females. But the females were bullying each other...I just think it's just setting up the pecking order.

It's just a chain of command thing. Leave them together. You'll find that every now and again the other one will have a pop back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom