Fish Reccomendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, Haven't been on in a while.
I have a 40 gallon breeder tank, with a marineland 350 penguin, densely planted, with driftwood and live plants. Currently, there is one beatiful angelfish, which I've had for a couple years now. Also, a bristlenose pleco. I also have a school of 7 tetras or rasboras, Unfortunately I forget which species, but they are about 2 and a half inches full grown, with a red line down the middle. :confused:
Anyways, I was wondering if you had a reccomendation for my tank. I want something about the current care level of my current fish, thats pretty colorful, and is good on it's own or in a pair. I'm open to another schooler species, as long as they can get along with everyone else. I was thinking cockatoo cichlids, but that might be above my level (I had GBRs, and they only lasted 7 months :hide:) Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

Killifish are a beautiful addition if you can track them down classic discus never hurts opaline or kissing gouramis your choice have fun stocking :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh and peacock gudgeons rare but gorgeous

More angels? We had 6 in our 60 and they were doing great until we got a sick fish that killed half our tank

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was thinking another schooling fish but I find the angelfish I have regard new additions as food. Anything around half inch I guess I have to put in QT for a few months to bulk up.

Surprisingly once in there for a week I have no troubles. I keep black mollies and have a very small male that cheerfully steals food from 5 inch fish.

If I were you, I'd use the rest of your stocking for a big school of bottom feeders. Kuhli loaches and cory's are awesome. In this 40, you could do at least 12 kuhli's, and I'd say at least 14 cory's.

You could probably fit like 30 pygmy cories in there

hanks for the ideas! I think I'm going to get a few khulis and cockatoos. We will see!

Back
Top Bottom