Fluval Edge 6 gal Aquarium? Experiences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2xEcho

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a couple of gift certificates expiring today for Petco and I was looking online at some things I could possibly use to enhance my tank. I ended up finding the Fluval Edge 6 gal that was on sale...I would end up only needing to spend about $60 out of pocket to pick it up. There's a great location in where it would fit perfectly at home, and I was thinking of doing a shrimp tank with a few small live plants in it. I read a couple of mixed reviews about the lighting being poor quality and not enough for live plants, and a couple saying the opposite for low to medium light plants, etc... complaints about the water splashing and damaging the LED, the filter being inadequate or too powerful. Overall it was rated at 4.4/5 stars.

What experiences, if any, have you had firsthand or heard about? Maintenance? Recommendations? Would it work for a few shrimp and plants with a sand substrate?

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say!
:thanks:

I have the bronze 6g edge. My male betta lives in it. It's a bit of a PITA to scape because the opening to the tank is small.
I have driftwood and plants in mine. The plants are swords, crypts, and anubias. They have all grown fine in the tank and I've had no issues with water splashing and damaging the LED.
The filter is an Aqua Clear 20 and filters the tank just fine for the betta and snails. It would be fine for shrimp.
I use a magnetic scrubber to clean the glass and a regular gravel vac (I also own the Fluval vac, no difference) to clean the tank. To trim plants I use a set of long scissors and tweezers.
If you like the look of it get it. Shrimp and sand will be fine in it. Keep the filter setting on a lower setting and the sand won't be disturbed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the bronze 6g edge. My male betta lives in it. It's a bit of a PITA to scape because the opening to the tank is small.
I have driftwood and plants in mine. The plants are swords, crypts, and anubias. They have all grown fine in the tank and I've had no issues with water splashing and damaging the LED.
The filter is an Aqua Clear 20 and filters the tank just fine for the betta and snails. It would be fine for shrimp.
I use a magnetic scrubber to clean the glass and a regular gravel vac (I also own the Fluval vac, no difference) to clean the tank. To trim plants I use a set of long scissors and tweezers.
If you like the look of it get it. Shrimp and sand will be fine in it. Keep the filter setting on a lower setting and the sand won't be disturbed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear there's not a problem with growing plants. I have a couple of crypts now that I think would be great for it.

Back
Top Bottom