fumigaton and large fishtank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LUVJR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My home will be fumigated on the 20th. a fishman told me i can seal the tank and use a small air thing (cant remember the name). I would put the little motor under the airtight wrapping. He said he has done it before. Another fish store owner told me i could place a tank outside but be sure to use fish water from my tank. The first fishman thinks the move will kill my fish. Can i set up my extra tank outside in a very shady spot? or does it have to be away from the property? the temite man thinks they need to be away from the property. But her referred me to a fish person. Any suggestions out there? I only have 4 fish but they have been with me over 10 years. need help and information. i inherited the tank and really am at a loss.:(:fish1:

I hope someone else with experience with this will chime in here! I have no personal experience with this, but I do know a two people that had their places fumigated for fleas. One 'sealed' off the tank with fish and the other moved the tank outside the home. The tank that remained inside did not end well. If I was faced with this situation, my inclination would be to move the fish to a safe locale outside the home then seal off and cover the tank very well if its staying inside. Make sure any equipment or food is moved, too. You can use some tank water if you want and replace any remaining with new water- it will be no different than doing a water change.

Is fumigation your only option here? I know I would consider every other possible option before considering this as the entire house will be covered in toxic chemicals. I generally try to avoid chemicals (if possible) for the sake of the health of my child and pets. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom