Funny aquarium experiances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
anyone ever have a funny moment when either you or your fish did something that made you laugh?

today when i was feeding my black molly came up to the surface and kissed my fingers as if it was a thank you for feeding her it made me laugh. How about you guys

When I had cories one of my albinos, how do I say this nicely, passed some gas. Normally cories would dart across the tank and get a gulp of air at the top and blow bubbles out for a little, but this one was just sitting at the bottom nibbling on an algae wafer and just let it rip! It was hilarious seeing a little bubble come from underneath it and float all the way to the top.

This past Saturday I decided to scrub some BBA off a piece of driftwood from my 29g. I pulled it out and set it on the floor while I did some other work on the tank. After a few minutes, I hear a "plop" and a lot of flopping behind me. One of my big khuli loaches was flopping around on the floor! Catching a khuli flopping around on the floor is just about as bad as trying to catch one in the tank.

After I finally got the khuli caught and back in the tank, I went back to working, only to hear more flopping. This time it was one of my little khulis flopping on the floor. I caught and dumped him back in the tank, then did a quick count to make sure they were all there. I'm absolutely amazed at the small spaces into which a khuli will jam itself.

My little tetra makes me laugh whenever I feed him. The way I see if he's hungry is I put my hand over his tank, and if he jumps out of the water to try and get my hand, I feed him!

about 5 min ago when i was in my lfs pickn out my neons one kept swiming into the tank thinkn it was the net i think he wanted to come home with me

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

My Oscar Fish begging is priceless, as is the fact that the Silver Dollars wait for him to spit food out so they can dart around and clean it up.

I've moved my clown loaches to bigger tanks twice now and I no longer even try to catch them. I lift the fake wood they hide inside out of the tank upside down (which keeps water inside it also) to move them.

I like holding an algae wafer and having the T-Barbs and tiger barbs try to pull in out of my fingers. They start to get mad after a while. Then I let go and they play rugby with it. They swim back and firth until another fish takes it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

one time I was doing tank maintenance when my family was visiting and one of my tiger barbs peced at my arm while I had it in there, he had never done that before! so I pulled my arm out right away, everyone started laughing at me. :)

Watching one of my tetras with a whole algae wafer in his mouth is the funniest thing ever! It's like watching a chihauha puppy with a giant frisbee!

Two of our synodontis catfish love their bellies rubbed (very lightly of course) Whenever I'm cleaning our 120, they crowd my fingers until I rub them. After about 5 minutes per belly, they swim off, upside down.

Fishies86 said:
Watching one of my tetras with a whole algae wafer in his mouth is the funniest thing ever! It's like watching a chihauha puppy with a giant frisbee!

i wish i could see that one

one time I was doing tank maintenance when my family was visiting and one of my tiger barbs peced at my arm while I had it in there, he had never done that before! so I pulled my arm out right away, everyone started laughing at me. :)

Ah! You reminded me of when an Angelfish plucked a hair out of my arm! I didn't think it was very funny either! My wife did...

Every time I come downstairs to the living room Frank my leporinus always greets me. My fiancee says that when he's in there watching tv he is in his cave but as soon as I come down he becomes active. He must love mama : )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

My blue lobster was climbing rocks in my fish tank and somehow found a small hole. He thought he could fit in it and got stuck. His tail was sticking out and some fish started to nip at it until he smacked them in the face. I helped him out of the hole and he went to his hideout frustrated.

Speaking of fish pecking at you, I have another:

I hand feed my goldfish, and my little sister, who is easily amused, wanted to try it. Well, I taught her how to hold it and everything, but forgot to mention that large goldfish have the ability to suck quite powerfully.

Utter disaster. She held the food in there, and my babies started "sucking" at her arm and fingers. She freaked out, screaming bloody murder, waking my parents up, reeling backwards, knocking stuff over everywhere.

"They bit me! The *&^%% bit me! Look at the red marks!"

I'm so sure. Either way, she's convinced that they knew it was a stranger feeding them and were out to get her. She won't even look at them now.

Everytime I clean the algae off this blue damsels tank, he tries to attack my hand. It's actually really funny seeing him make these big jumps at my hand for invading 'his' tank. This one time he attacked the algae clip on the wall until he knocked it down. Hilarious to see such a mean little fish. He gives us dirty looks whenever we walk by :nono:

Also, when I first put my betta in the tank with my african dwarf frog, the frog thought he was food or something and started crawling towards the betta wherever he was. This went on for about two minutes before he gave up forever.

today i was cleaning up some rouge snails and my alge eater looked at me as if going where are you takeing my friends?

I think it great that I can do anything in my tank and not any of the fish are at all bothered but as soon as I ask anyone else to do something one of my angels will chase their hand around the tank until they remove it.

Or even better when I asked my partner to feed the fish one day while I was at work and an hour later had a phone call sayin she thinks she killed one off my fish only for it to turn out to be one of me clown Loach playing dead

Back
Top Bottom