Funny aquarium experiances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I feed my fish my silver dolla pickes up a wafer and starts to nibble all around it and if he drops it the other dolla will nick it off him but not for long because the other silver dolla takes it out of his mouth couldn't belive it when I first saw it was very funny

Attachments

• image-807415709.jpg
    image-807415709.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 144
I forgot all about our crawfish. Y'all have seen Finding Nemo I'm sure. Remember the crabs always waving their claws and saying "hey, hey, hey"?

When we still had the little plant destroying monsters in our 120 they would each pick a log on opposite ends of the tank, climb up to the highest point, and wave their claws at each other.

I think its funny how everytime I go near my oscars they think its time to eat. They get so excited and swim up and down the glass splashing water out sometimes. The best thing I've ever done was tied a feeder fish to a ballon above the tank and had one jump a good 6" and grab the fish. Thought that was pretty funny.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

One time my lights burnt out in my tank so i opened my window untill I could get to the store to get some more and so the sun light went threw half my tank and my giant danios would take turns to swim to the light look at it for half a second then quickly turn around and swim behind the danio that went befor him it was funny it went on for like around 10 minutes

Ok, I'm not sure if this counts, but I have to hide my shrimp pellets from my cat! She will sniff them out from wherever they are in the house! And when I feed my fish, I have to feed her too or she goes nuts!

lol that's a new one friiday when doin a pwc my fire dg looked at the siphon as if going you agian you were here last week

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

One day the power had went out in my dorm for just a few minutes. it was storming and anyways in the mornings I always turn merlin my bettas tank light on and then i feed him. well after a few minutes and the power came back on so did the lights. He went nuts. so i go over to the tank and pull off the lid to make sure that the filter kicked back on properly and he jumped and inch and a half out of the tank at my finger thinking it was time to be fed...

Just a little while ago, after doing a water change on my 10 gallon planted, me and my mom were watchin the fish/inverts. When we set our eyes on 2 shrimp (on a single leaf of a plant), they kinda pushing each other/ fight for the leaf. It was hilarious because the redder one pushed off the light one.

I just finished with the plumbing of my 90rr tank. So I plugged it in and walla the hose from the return line flys off and water starts shooting everywhere , so I freak out put my hand on the pumps outlet, water still splashing on me, and I grab the plug with my other hand and boy I Taught I freaking lighting bolt went thru me :-/.
My wife said that was the first time I got off the floor that fast lol.

Well now we find it funny , knowing I'm still here lol ;-)

DA fisherman said:
I just finished with the plumbing of my 90rr tank. So I plugged it in and walla the hose from the return line flys off and water starts shooting everywhere , so I freak out put my hand on the pumps outlet, water still splashing on me, and I grab the plug with my other hand and boy I Taught I freaking lighting bolt went thru me :-/.
My wife said that was the first time I got off the floor that fast lol.

Well now we find it funny , knowing I'm still here lol ;-)

ouch sounds painful i miss my lil guys im with mmy dad till sunday

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

I have another one I just thought of.

One night, actually a couple nights this happened. We had just moved to our new place and I think the fish were a little traumatized from it. It was the middle of the night and Jonathan heard some flopping on the floor down stairs. I was half asleep so I didn't hear it or care. So he goes down stairs and what does he find? Frank, my Leporinus flopping around on the floor. He came up and told me I was shocked. The next night the same thing happened! So then I kept the light on all night and he was fine. Now he's in my 45 gallon and even better : )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

My black perc clownfish inspects every new addition to the tank. Recently added two hermit crabs, watched as he moved between the two, poking them with his head. He often gets too close to the Cardinal, who gets annoyed and darts off, it's hillarious to watch that happen as the clownfish slowly wobbles back to the cardinal to do it again. It's also funny to watch my goby stick it's head out of a live rock hole and just have a blank dead stare, pretty creepy but funny.

Gotta love the clownfish though. The black perc clown gets excited everytime I come home. Probably only because he knows I'll feed him but hey, lol. Never thought fish would be this owner responsive when I started this hobby.

I just sawed an ornament in half because a Clown Loach wouldn't come out of it. I held it out of the water until I saw him drop into the bottom half then sawed off the top. My wife thought that was pretty funny...

Tim Wheatley said:
I just sawed an ornament in half because a Clown Loach wouldn't come out of it. I held it out of the water until I saw him drop into the bottom half then sawed off the top. My wife thought that was pretty funny...

Was he stuck?

I think so. I hadn't seen him out for a long time (the others were all out). And it was just too long for me to be comfortable not seeing him. He's my largest Clown Loach so I didn't want to risk him being in there as the biggest. I think I'm going to bung all the holes in the ornament with silicone (and reglue it together with silicone, too). I'm leave it out right now so I can try to have all the snails drop out so I can save them before I encase them forever... They'll usually drop off whatever they are clinging to pretty quick. :)

It's pretty funny but just yesterday my CLs started cramming themselves into the same ornament as the Syn Catfish that I have, so I am wondering if the large CL was bunged somewhere in the ornament I sawed and that stopped the rest of the CLs going in that one... Interesting...

Maybe he wanted it all to himself an wouldn't let it go for anything. He'd die before he'd give it up!! Haha

I often stick algae wafers to the side of the tank for the guppies to eat (otherwise my tetras scoff everything!).
I stuck one on the glass today and apparently my cory decided he wanted some too. He managed to swim up half the height of the tank and eat the algae wafer. He looked like he was trying to be a plec :) it was so funny watching him do it. I've never seen a cory do that before, I've only ever seen them eat off of a horizontal surface, not a vertical one! :D

whenever i do some cleaning etc all my rainbowfish and tetras nibble at my arms, and im like "ah get outta here, im cleaning your house and all you want is food and to bite me?"

Back
Top Bottom