GBR's spawning but no eggs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ardynas

Aquarium Advice Freak
My young female German Blue Ram is attempting to lay eggs but I can never see them. Her tube is down (dark pink tummy) and hubby is coming right behind her doing his part. It appears that she's going through the motions but no eggs are being deposited on the spot they are spawning. She did the same thing about 3 weeks ago. I suppose they could be eating the eggs but I'd feel better if I saw eggs when they spawned. :ermm:

The last female GBR that spawned in my tank put down about 100ish eggs. You could clearly see the eggs as she placed them.

Is it common for females to do this? She has to push these eggs out right?

This morning my GBR couple acting like they never spawned and carrying on as usual. I hope my male doesn't get frustrated with her.

I've never seen them do that. Is your female very young? Maybe your pair just needs more experience before they get it right.

Yes I think this is her second try at spawning. She's very small but very colorful and has quite the personality. I've just never seen or heard of this before. The male is at least twice as big. Thanks for answering.

Back
Top Bottom