Getting anew aquarium! Ideas welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barnature

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yay! My parents are going to buy me my second aquarium. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy second hand or not. I need ideas for plants and aquarium models. It's going to be freshwater and more than 50 gallons. I also have no idea how I'm going to move my fish from the 10 gallon to the new aquarium. I'm hoping to set it up slowly and make sure that i finished planting before putting any fish in it. I hope that this will make me no longer a dumb beginner. Ideas, links and advice welcomed.

Thanx

Nature

o how fun!! i have 4 10 gals and a 55gal(i want another big tank but my mom wont let my at least for now lol) umm not shure about ideas but i would go for angel fish for your new tank. Ive been wanting angel fish but made the mustake of getting other fish instead.(that's why i want another big tank) hope you have good luck with the new tank!! ;)

what fish do you already have in the 10 gallon?How many?maybe you won't have to move them.If you don't you have a lot of options...I'm a big fan of fw sharks,a semi-aggressive tank with a red-tail or rainbow shark could do.

Thanx for the advice guys. I was a newbie then (and now) and the fish that i purchased are not suitable for such a small tank. I have two Blue Flames Tetras, 2 silvertip tetras and 8 SM neon tetras. All these fish are going to be moved to the big tank. I'm going to remodel the 10 gallon tank. Black substrate with a few small blue rocks and live plants.This tank will probably contain fancy guppies and mollies. (I love the balloon mollies.)

your welcome but ya im sorta still a beginer too lol but ive learned a hole lot from this sight so your on the right track ;) again good luck!!:)

thanx rubyfire
And also i read that you turned 16 sometime ago... that means that you live with your parents... and so how did they give in into letting you own so many tanks? My parents are now giving in for a second tank.

yes,I put most of them in my room and made my brothers have some in there room lol and they let me have the 55gal as long as i kept it nice. We used to have a 75gal but my parents gave it away wen we moved ouside of town.(realy wanted them to keep it) Didnt have a tank for couple years. my mom let me have bettas(they kept dieing till i found out they arent supose to live in the stupid little tanks they sell). Then she let me have a 10 gal. Then moved from there so ya lol. Always as long as i took good care of them and my parents didnt have to lug them around to clean.

Ya well i'm an only. I like my fish keeping hobby but im a teenager and i need time to hang with my friends. How do you have enough money to spend on clothes and stuff with so many tanks?

i have wonderful grandparent thats all lol and idk just not in to all the girly stuff, but dont get me wrong i still like shopping just not that often.

Make sure you cycle that new 55G before you put fish in! You can find a link to fishless cycling in the search bar. Good luck!

Oh yea i'm not going to forget about the cycling but thanks for the reminder! Its going to be way bigger than a 50 g. Somewhere from 68 to 90 gallons. (My dad is still thinking about it but my Mom said yes so yea i'm waiting for my dads approval.)

WOW!! congrats, wish you luck!! hope you dont have to fill it by your self lol (i had to fill my 55gal by myself if i wanted it so ya)

Hey guys
bad news - i'll probably get it in the summer - a long time from now. Oh and i also want one bigger than 55g. I was away for 2 weeks and the person that took care of our cat also put food in my aquarium and filled it with water and he has done an awful job. The tank was super unclean with a lot of algae. I cleaned it off but there is probably more hiding in the gravel. I have got a new idea for the 10 g - black substrate and colourful fake plants.

Back
Top Bottom