glass or acrylic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeltank

Aquarium Advice Regular
:confused:ok i need some help here i got my tank for 50$ its an eclipse hood i am sure its the 35 gal model but i have a problem i don't know if it is glass or acrylic any one know?

thanks for your comments :icecream:

Is it the eclipse tank, or just the hood?

Flick it with your finger. Glass will feel like - well glass. Acrylic will feel like plastic

i know the hood is eclipse definitely. the tank is full and i tried the flick test and i dont know what it is still, i have never been able to compare it to one.
i do know that when i moved the corners chipped so i guess it may be glass but i dont know if acrylic chips or not

Glass has siliconed corners. Acrylic usually doesn't on smaller tanks. For a 35 gal, it's probably glass. Is it relatively heavy to move? Rub the tank. Does it feel like a glass or does it feel like plastic? Take a picture of the tank, we'll be able to tell you if it's galss or acrylic.

ok yes it has silicone in the corners its pretty heavy and the tank is the one in my main picture
so if its glass is there any way to take scratches out of the inside of the tank? i put stuff into it when i moved and it scratched it in a few places :(

I can't tell by looking at the pic because it's so small.

But if it has silicone in the corners and is heavy, it's glass. Acrylic is very light.

Don't worry about the small minor scratches. You will get a ton of them over time. lol

Back
Top Bottom