gravel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiki

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought small gravel for new tank. I thought I washed it well. The gravel is white, almost crystal-like. The size is almost as small as sand. But big enought to sink to the bottom easily. But when I put the gravel in the tank and added water, the water is cloudy. I tried replacing water a couple of time, but water is still cloudy.

Is this normal when first putting very small gravel? I just added a Bright 'n' Clear to clear up the water. The bottle is old, but has no expiry date, so I assumed it will work. If this doesn't work, anything else you can suggest I try?

Thanks

That is one of the joys of washing gravel, it does'nt matter how much you wash it you will never get all the dust out. your filter should clear what is left in your tank.

Let it sit for a few days and it will clear. As Terry said there is always some dust that remains.

Clear and Bright gets rid of bacteria I assume and old nasty water. I would just throw that stuff out and stick to good old water changes if things get bad in the future.

Back
Top Bottom