Guppies are cold water???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platy101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey i am planning on strting a small 2 gallon fish tank with under gravel filter and hood. But i dont know what type of fish to use so i researched and found out guppies were coldeater fish. I am not really sure of this so can someone please help????

They're cold water fish if you live in the desert and think between 68F-86F is cold.

I don't think any fish in the world goes in a 2G tank though :/

Ya I wouldn't put anything really but my Betta in a 2 gal tank to be honest and even then I'd make sure it's heated.

Calypso77 said:
Ya I wouldn't put anything really but my Betta in a 2 gal tank to be honest and even then I'd make sure it's heated.

How big should a tank be for 1 guppy?

For only 1 guppy I'd say 5 gal filtered headed tank but guppies shouldn't be kept just as 1 , they are better to have more then 1.

Calypso77 said:
For only 1 guppy I'd say 5 gal filtered headed tank but guppies shouldn't be kept just as 1 , they are better to have more then 1.

Ok well then i guess i will just forget about this new tank ... Oh well :)

Calypso77 said:
Why not get a Betta for it?

Bettas would probably prefer a larger tank because these live in puddles that are way much bigger than a small cramped 2 gallons

Mine is in a 2 gal tank and is very happy and just fine not cramped at all. Up to yourself but just an idea.

You could do a snail, or just do a small planted tank. I thought there were some shrimp that did OK in a 2g but I'm not sure. A 2g is difficult. Thank you for NOT putting a Betta in the 2g.

Back
Top Bottom